Format and Criteria
Running this event really comes down to the criteria the judges will follow and the format in which the competitors may surf.
- 8 rounds of 4-person heats.
- Heats are 25 minutes in duration.
- No interferences called
- No divisions (one open men and women's division).
- Competitors will be scored on a variety of surfing maneuvers with the emphasis on style, control and risk. "A surfer who shows intent with casual poise setting up maneuvers will be scored higher then one presumably forcing maneuvers and reacting without anticipation to the wave".
- Competitors have no wave max.
- All waves will be scored; only the top two will count.